Red dot sights are basically meant for faster acquisition of targets. They are used for aiming targets within 100 yards and even works well for the longer range. Generally, red dot sights don’t have the magnification feature which affects the precision of the target. The shooter can only see the aim point in the form of an illuminated dot. If you are finding it difficult to choose the best red dot sight for your AR15, then keep on reading.
In this article, we will be learning about the best red dot sight for AR15 and everything related to mounting it on AR15 rifle.
Firstly, we need to understand that the red dot sights do not require any magnification as we are aiming the short-range targets. But, if you are practicing for the longer range targets then, your firearm needs to have a rifle scope. The rifle scope provides a telescopic view which makes the aiming much easier.
There are a number of Eotech red dot sights available for an ar15 rifle in the market. But, we need to choose the one that is best and values for money.
Here are some key features of Eotech red dot sight which you need to know:
- Eotech is a holographic weapon sight in which reticule is recorded in a three-dimensional space that remains stable even in changing the weather.
- The reflector sights have the problem of wavelength instability that is solved by the Eotech red dot sights. It can withstand any change in the emission wavelength.
- The reticule of the holographic sight uses collocated light. The collocated light consists of parallel rays with minimal diversion.
Eotech HHS I Holographic Hybrid Sight
- Eotech HHS 1 features a holographic hybrid sight which means you have a holographic reticule instead of the ordinary reticule produced in red dot sights.
- It includes EXPS3-4 sight with a G33 magnifier which magnifies the target without magnifying the sight size.
- This powerful combo of magnifier with a red dot of 5.56/.223 specific reticule is specially used by the US special force.
- It can change the transitions quickly from a close range to a medium range allowing the shooter to successfully hit all the targets.
- G33 magnifier can be mounted on one side when not in use and then quickly be switched on to another side when you want to use it.
- Eotech HHS1 works well even in the low light conditions.
- It has a compact design and can be operated by simply using the side buttons. This feature of side button operation minimizes the usage of rail space.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty which ensures that you are investing in something which has got great functionality.
Where to Mount Red Dot Sight on AR15?
After learning about this highly specialized Eotech device, next, you need to learn mounting it on the AR15 rifle. Mounting a red dot sight can be a difficult task for a beginner. In the beginning, you may get confused about where to place it on the rail. Here is everything you need to learn about the mounting process.
The two major components involved in the mounting are the rail and the locking mechanism.The red dot sights are mounted on the rail which consists of repeating slots and ridges. These slots are helpful in locking the sights tightly on the rail.
Now, the next step is to choose the best mounting position of the red dot sight. Some shooters choose to mount it too close to their eyesight for eye relief. It results in the poor vision of the field of view. So, there is no need to confine the red dot sight.
On the other hand, some shooters prefer to mount the red dot sight really forward on the rail of the rifle. This can work well for the professionals but definitely not a good idea for the beginners. In this case, a slight shift in the position of the rail can make you lose the desired target. That’s why this mounting position is not recommended by us.
The best mounting position of the red dot sight is the forward portion of the upper receiver. This is the most balanced and rock solid spot on the rail.
Here, you will get a clear field of view without any obstruction. There is no chance of losing the zero that is the designated target. So, this mounting position is highly recommended.
Eotech red dot sight is the best one for the ar15 rifle as it provides holographic sight of the reticule. The powerful combination of Eotech with G33 magnifier makes it suitable for professional shooters as well. Now, that you are familiar with the best red dot sight for your rifle and the mounting process, you are all set to master the shooting skill.